Friday, January 30, 2009

Mixing it up a bit

Alright, enough with the Stadium Club cards. I was out at KMart and looking at their cards. Apparently the KMart in my area gets cards once a year because they're still carrying the same stock since I first started shopping there this summer. Not a whole lot appealing. I wanted to get something and spotted some Donruss Americana. I had been meaning to buy a John Cusack card from this set for a friend of mine but never got around to finding it and didn't really want to go the eBay route. So I figured wha the heck? Let's buy a pack and see what happens.

First card, Ricardo Montalban!!!!! Sadly, he passed away recently. Known for his roles as Mr. Rourke on Fantasy Island, the villain in The Naked Gun and most importantly...altogether now....KHAAAAANNNNN!!!!!.

Haywood Nelson - Also known as Dwayne from What's Happening.

Bai Ling - No idea who she is. Her card says she was one of People magazine's 50 most beautiful people in 1998 which is a lot like my saying I was thin in high school.

Natalie Wood Game Used Dress - Sweet. I mean Natalie Wood. That's cool. If I'm going to get a memorabilia card, I could do a lot worse. #112 of just 400 cards. Also pretty cool.



Quentin Tarantino - Another nice card.

Emily Procter - according to the card, actress from CSI: Miami.

Neat pack. Sort of fun getting cards of non-sports folks.

No comments: