Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wildcard in LA

I'm back from LA and for my Wednesday post I thought I'd write a quick word about what I did before the game Monday. Jason and I went to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA (Young man, there's no need to be down. It's fun to go to the L...ACMA).

Last time I was in LA I went to the Getty Museum and enjoyed that. The LAMCA blows the Getty out of the water. Huge numbers of works from all sorts of time periods. Their ancient stuff is mindblowingly intact. Incredible contemporary works. They had an exhibition of German works demonstrating the changes in German art from the 1940's to now. And most important to me, three paintings by Camille Pissarro.

Just a great, great time and we maybe saw half of it while we were there. The place was huge. I highly recommend going when you're in LA.

No comments: