Saturday, March 14, 2009

Home brews

I've been unwell for a ridiculous amount of time. I'm not exactly sure what has been the cause of it but I have had a head full of congestion and a sore throat, the latter likely caused by the congestion.

As I may have mentioned before, I'm opposed to pharmaceutical products. Usually I can wait out an illness but this one has dragged on and on. Wanting to feel better I started looking for a remedy and found one for my sore throat in the form of cayenne pepper. Half a teaspoon of cayenne in half a cup of hot water. Gargle. Kills the pain in the throat, reduces the swelling. Amazing.

I figured, too, that I would share my typical breakfast, a nutritious, tasty and well-balanced concoction. My breakfast is a cup of lowfat or nonfat cottage cheese, a half scoop of protein powder, a tablespoon of peanut butter, a cup of fruit (berries when in season and/or affordable or canned peaches otherwise), a third cup of oats. Great blend of protein, fat and carbs. Yummy.

No comments: