Thursday, February 4, 2010

Winners of the Damon Rutherford Card Design Contest

Well, Robert Coover's birthday came and went and I had two entries into the contest to design a card of the character Damon Rutherford in Coover's novel The Universal Baseball Association.

There are a few explanations for why I had only two entries:
1. No one wanted to be bothered to read a book and find out about Rutherford.
2. I have far less traffic than I thought.
3. The cards designed by Mark and Matt were so good, everyone else was frightened off.
4. Sean Casey, jerk that he is, organized a boycott of the site.




I'm going with reason #3. I liked both designs. They each had their merits. So Mark and Matt will be getting a baseball novel or two and some baseball cards. Congratulations and good work!

3 comments:

Matthew Glidden said...

Excellent, thanks! That was a fun project.

jtorrey13 said...

You forgot reason five: no photoshop skils.

Mark Aubrey said...

Thanks. I think that I might have voted for Matthew's card. At least he read some of the book.

And jtorrey13, I have no photoshop skills. I just started doing it.