Friday, February 12, 2010

Rooting for Belarus in the Olympics


If I didn't have so much schoolwork to avoid, I'd work on my Russian again so that I could cheer on the Belarusians that are competing in the 2010 Winter Olympics. Why Belarus? Why not? Other than that, though, it's because they are the team that will be representing me in JD's Wild Cardz' competition. I had Madagascar but they opted not to send any athletes so the Belarusians will be leading the charge for ol' Mad Guru!!!

I like my chances. Belarus is sending a dozen biathletes, an ice hockey team, and fourteen skiers. The fun begins for me tomorrow when the women's sprint biathlon takes place. Youngster Darya Domracheva is probably the best chance for a medal. She finished fourth in two World Cup sprint events this past season, the only Belarusian to finish in the Top 5 in any of the five sprint events.

To think I might actually follow the games for once.

No comments: