Friday, April 22, 2011

When the Killing's Done trailer

I received an e-mail the other day from Bloomsbury, the publisher of T.C. Boyle's book When the Killing's Done, which I reviewed in my previous post. They told me they had created a book trailer and asked if I would be kind enough to include it in my review of the book. I checked it out and thought it was pretty good. I think it captures the feel of the book, especially the conflict between the two main characters, albeit focusing primarily on one scene. The actors who play the characters look pretty close to how I visualized them as I read it. I liked it.

I'm not sure how I feel about book trailers in general, though. In a way they feel gimmicky to me, as if the visualization has to be created to get people to actually read the book and visualize the story on their own. What are your thoughts? Have you seen many book trailers? Did they make you more or less likely to read the book?

No comments: