Monday, April 25, 2011

Stealing an idea from Joe Posnanski - Fantasy Book Draft

Joe Posnanski and Mike Schur had a fantasy draft today on Joe Posnanski's podcast where they each took turns drafting their five favorite baseball books of all-time. I know I have baseball fans and readers and baseball readers on this site and thought it would be fun to expand the idea beyond just two people.

What I thought I'd do is this. If you want in, leave a comment saying so. At the end of the week, I'll create a "draft order" and then over the weekend those who are in will engage in a draft. Just check in and when it's your turn, leave your pick and a brief description why.

The difference between this and just asking you to list your five favorite picks for instance is that people drafting before you might take your book. You might think Moneyball is the third best baseball book but if someone takes it in the first round, you'll have to choose a different book. Hopefully we'll get a few people who want to do this and we'll put together a nice list of baseball books.

I hope you take part.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Well, I can't remember half the baseball books I've read, so I won't be participating, but I'll definitely be following the draft

jtorrey13 said...

Draft? If there's any kind of draft having to do with baseball, I'm in.

Mark Aubrey said...

Count me in. It sounds like fun.