Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Morning knowledge

I haven't been up long this morning and I have learned two very important things I never knew before.

First, the word "peidei" in Portuguese means "farted". The word is pronounced "Pay day". There's a certain charm in passing gas and yelling "PAY DAY!!!!".

Second, Max Scherzer, pitcher for the Detroit Tigers is heterochromic. "What does that mean?", says Blogger's spell check. It means he has two different colored eyes.















Photo courtesy of 60ft6in.com
.

Two new words, one sciencey, one Portuguese. And no, sciencey isn't a word. But Portuguese is spelled with two u's.

Training update:Busy few days but I've been getting my rows in. The indoor rowing season runs from May 1 - April 30 so this is the last month of the season. I've already rowed more meters this month than any other but one this season. I have to say that I grow less and less enthused about spending three hours on the rower to do a marathon. I also have to say that I grow less and less enthused about being fat and grow despondent when I think about how long it will take to drop it. What a miserable process. Weight gain is so much more easier and enjoyable. Then all this leads to me being less and less enthused about my stupid brain. STOP THINKING, BRAIN! Who cares about your enthusiasm? Then I get worried that I'm thinking about my brain thinking and wonder who's brain is thinking about my brain if it isn't my brain doing the thinking? Who knew that being overweight and rowing could be so existential? Apparently my brain did.

2 comments:

--Transfixed Ingress said...

That's your ego, then your super ego at work. Don't you read? Being surrounded by books all day - doesn't osmosis kick in forcing some of the information around you to seep into that brain of yours? Maybe your ego locked the door? Maybe your super ego threw out the keys?

Just don't let either of them stop you from getting on that rowing machine.

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" -- Brain

SoFla said...

I think you mean morning wisdom. Very enlightening.