Thursday, December 24, 2009

My first group break (and the lackluster results)


After my first trade with Thorzul, it only seemed right that I take part in my first group break with him. He had bought some boxes from the 1990's and I thought it might be a chance for me to get some Expos for my on-hold card project with them. Taking Expos cards in a group break isn't really a smart move ever, which I should have realized.

Alas, my $5.50 netted me a dozen cards, almost all of which were Marquis Grissom and F.P. Santangelo. The ones that weren't were sort of goofy cards with big heads. Well, it was fun, even if the value wasn't there (which was my own fault anyway). I'll certainly take part in another one (and likely take the Expos again (this is the problem with not having a team for which to root)).

No comments: