Thursday, April 22, 2010

Song in the back of my head



I think I've mentioned before that I tend to have a running soundtrack going on in my head. I always seem to have a tune going on up there. Sometimes it's recognizable, sometimes not. Sometimes it's my own creation, usually not. Most of the time I can figure out why it's there, but mornings tend to be more difficult for that.

Yesterday morning I woke up with this song in my head:

Paula Abdul - Straight Up


That's cool. I've always liked this song. Songs from my youth I liked that reappear inexplicably are always welcomed. But the one in my head this morning:



Why, oh why, did this one show up? I would have been fine not hearing this ever again and yet my brain dug it up out of the archives.

By contrast, after watching Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Sunday, I had the musical stylings of Doogie Howser going on with me all day at work Monday:


Good stuff. I think I've just about got Paul Davis washed out of my brain.

No comments: