Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thank goodness for Burkina Faso bankers

I had always heard about the importance of networking but didn't really take it seriously until I got into librarianship. Even though I've been networking with fellow librarians, it just takes one person talking to someone in another field - banking, medicine, professional hopscotch, etc. - to get my name around in other industries. I'm not exactly sure how it happened but word of my overall intellectual savvy has spread, apparently all over the globe.

Exhibit A: Today I got THREE e-mails from bankers in Burkina Faso who want my assistance in transferring money from accounts that belong to deceased European clients who died in crashes nine or ten years ago (it's almost spooky how similar all the situations are). Once I'm done with them all, my share of the accounts will be in excess of thirty million dollars. Do you know how many Powerball tickets I can buy with thirty million dollars? THIRTY MILLION! Or fifteen million if I choose the Power Play option. And if I hit the Powerball, I'll be rich!

Some of you jealous people might think this is a scam but these guys are from Burkina Faso, not Nigeria, so you know they're legit. Dr. Abdulazi Jabi (the dude is a doctorate for crying out loud, or maybe a medical doctor (or both)) expressed it most eloquently:
"This mail might come to you as a surprise and the temptation to ignore it as
unserious could come into your mind but please consider it a divine wish and accept it with a deep sense of humility"

I was tempted to ignore this all as unserious but my deep sense of humility makes me want to share my good fortune with all my readers. So if any of you want part of the thirty million dollars, just give me your bank account information and I'll forward it along to the bankers. There might be some small transaction costs involved but not enough that you won't be able to buy yourself a new car, especially if you take advantage of the Cash for Clunkers program.

Remember folks, network. Then you too might be known as the guy (or girl) who handles foreign based bank accounts of dead people.

1 comment:

--Transfixed Ingress said...

Oh man! Hook me up with these guys. I could always use a few extra mil.