Friday, May 6, 2011

Quick Derby note

Not really on top of horse racing at this point of the year. But the Derby is the Derby so I figure I need to say something.

Right now it looks like rain. If this is the case, I'm avoiding the race if for no other reason than every time it rains in a big race friggin Calvin Borel wins and I can't bear to wager my money on him. But there's prediction one. Wet track, Twice the Appeal takes the Derby.

On a dry track, I'm going with Comma to the Top. I like Dialed In a little better but he'll be bet down as the favorite. Comma to the Top should offer tremendous value.

This is one of the worst Derby lineups I can recall. Uncle Moe was clearly the star of the field, by a margin. In a sense it's a shame he got scratched but kudos to his connections for making the call. It's nice to see someone concerned for the horse.

2 comments:

--Transfixed Ingress said...

Keep your day job.

Mad Guru said...

I knew some smart aleck comment was coming from you.

First of all, Comma to the Top ran second for most of the race before fading. I do have a personal bias for early speed.

Secondly, a friend wanted my Derby picks since she was wagering. Two horses had big positive expectation based on my odds versus public. Comma to the Top and Animal Kingdom. I had AK as the fifth best horse.

But thanks for casting stones! :)