Saturday, January 16, 2010

Autograph from a Dollar Store Pack

First, the backstory. I picked up Doodle from a sleepover and we proceeded to go shopping for a new white dress shirt for him for his choir concerts as he had outgrown his previous one. We went to ELEVEN different stores before we were able to find one. Don't children dress nice anymore? Don't kids go to church? It should not be that difficult to find a button down dress shirt in a child's size.

Shout out to Burlington Coat Factory for finally having a selection of dress shirts at nice prices. You rock!

In our travels, I hit the Dollar Store and bought out their remaining five packs of 2008 Upper Deck X. Amazingly, in the fourth pack I opened, I got this:



Pretty sweet. No Mat Latos but a nice Padres prospect nonetheless.

2 comments:

--Transfixed Ingress said...

We like the goodwill, thrift shops and other low price options. Burlington is a good one if they have what you're looking for.

Amazon is always good too - but that requires you think ahead a few days which I know is not always your forte. Wait my forte.

Mad Guru said...

Hey, we were out getting the shirt a full 28 hours before the concert (and we did reach the point where I got to thinking "How much would Sunday FedEx next day delivery cost? Would it be cheaper to fly to a sweatshop and get one right off the line? Could I cross the International Date Line on the way back and get back on Friday?"

Did I mention I hit my head really hard on an archway in Doodle's friend house (who lives in a house with six foot arches?)?