Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 and this blog

Well, assuming you don't read this in an RSS feed, you can tell I already changed the appearance of this blog. I hate the basic blogger templates and really liked the storm cloud image this person had. I didn't like some of the other aspects of the layout so I changed it up to suit my likings.

Beyond the appearance, though, I am expecting some things to be different about this blog in 2010. I see myself being involved with baseball cards more. I will have links up to my burgeoning Adam Dunn and Mat Latos collections. I'm hoping to reignite my Expos project, I hope to rekindle the Group of 79 Project. I think I may even try and collect the 2008 Upper Deck X set. My plans are to attend my first card show in twenty years this Saturday. So, yeah, I think there'll be more baseball cards.

I cannot imagine there will be as many books. One book every four days is a lot for me and I don't think I could keep that pace up again. I'm going to see if I can find my older reading lists and put links up to them. I might try and review some more books in my baseball library.

Beyond that, we'll have to see. My life is topsy-turvy as I still am underemployed, still in grad school, still financially strapped (yet unwisely spend what little I do have on baseball stuff (books and cards)). Mostly I'm trying to figure out what I want to spend the rest of my life doing, whether I can make money doing so, if not, figuring out how I want to make money, and maybe most of all, hoping my Princess Charming and I can lead a life of happiness together. Add in my usual failed efforts at losing weight, my successful, albeit sporadic, attempts at becoming stronger and fitter, and the lifelong battle against dysthymia, and I have quite a full plate without trying to figure out what this space will be.

But this is fun, I've been connecting with more people in the baseball card world, my friends like to respond to my posts in the comments or in e-mails. There'll be something here, just don't know what.

I hope you have a great 2010!

No comments: