Friday, November 30, 2012

Belated thanks to Number 5 Type Collection

Quite some time ago, Matthew, over at Number 5 Type Collection, had a contest where folks could submit their favorite name of a major league rookie from this season. I put forth the Rangers Tanner Scheppers, as I think Tanner is a great baseball name, going back to the book/movie The Bad News Bears. Matthew chose my selection and my prize was this selection of Pittsburgh Pirates cards.


All but the Stargell and the Miller are O-Pee-Chee cards which was sort of neat. That might be fun, trying to collect a 1978 O-Pee-Chee set. The Topps set of that year was my first foray into baseball card collectiong when I was but a wee lad.

As I was not blogging at the time, a proper shout out and thanks was not given. So allow me to belatedly thank Matthew for the cards and for a great blog. Thanks.

2 comments:

Mark Aubrey said...

Cool cap that Dave Parker is wearing. Always good to get hold of a Pie Traynor card. Thanks for sharing.

Matthew Glidden said...

You're welcome and glad they arrived safely! The Pirates tried so many uniforms during the 70s--glad to see Parker's wearing one of their black-with-gold-piping hats.